Steed & Steed LLP has come a long way from its modest beginnings over a century ago in the 1860’s. Later in 1888 Richard Almack was joined by Lionel George Fisher, and the Practice became known as Fisher & Steed.
It was not until the early 1900’s when the father and son partnership of Joshua George Steed and Joshua Owen Steed opened up the Sudbury office in Gainsborough Street, and called the practice Steed & Steed. The Braintree office was established in 1968.
The Partners and staff are as committed today as they were then to providing a professional legal service to all our clients, that is accurate, comprehensible, independent, timely, cost effective and suited to the specific needs of the client and the matter. Procedures and technology are continually reviewed and improved where necessary.
The firm holds a Legal Aid Agency franchise in Matrimonial work since 1998 and conforms to the requirements of the Law Society Practice Management Standards having achieved the Lexcel Accreditation.