We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to sort out any mistakes or misunderstandings, and to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please raise the problem with the lawyer responsible for your matter, or if you prefer, our Practice Manager and complaints handler, Jacqui Johnson.
What will happen next?
1. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within five days of receiving it.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our complaints handler reviewing your file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter our complaints handler will then contact you by telephone to discuss the matter. If appropriate, she will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and resolve your complaint. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, our complaints handler may instead offer you a chance to discuss the matter by telephone.
4. Within five days of the meeting, or any telephone conversation we have with you instead of a meeting, our complaints handler will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
5. In any case she will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the written acknowledgement of your complaint referred to in paragraph 1 above.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a partner unconnected with the matter at the firm to review her decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com. Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman.
9. If we have to change any of these time scales we will let you know and explain why.