Welcome to our Careers pages. We currently have the following vacancies:
Residential Conveyancing Secretary
We are recruiting for a Residential Conveyancing Secretary to join our Residential Conveyancing Department in Sudbury.
The role requires experience of working in a conveyancing team and an understanding of the conveyancing process. In addition you will need experience of Microsoft Office and will have fast and accurate audio typing skills as well as an excellent telephone manner and the ability to deal with client queries when required.
- To provide secretarial support to the residential property fee earner
- Dealing with client enquiries
- Dealing with new business opportunities so that these are processed efficiently helping to ensure the continued success of the property department
- Audio typing using digital dictation
- Diary management, booking rooms and arranging meetings
- Using case management system
- Liaising with clients, solicitors, Estate agents and mortgage lenders
- Providing quotations, sending out client care letters
- Dealing with client queries, and taking instruction from clients
- Amending and reformatting documents
- Applying for searches using on line services including land registry
- Using HMRC website to complete stamp duty land tax forms
- Dealing with post completion matters
- Maintaining client files, opening and closing of files
- Maintaining the filing system
To apply for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Private Client Lawyer
Our Private Client Department is expanding and we are looking for a Private Client Solicitor or Legal Executive to join the team.
About the role
This is a new role within the firm and is an exciting opportunity for a lawyer who wants to work in an ambitious team.
You will be expected to deal with a full and varied caseload that includes a wide range of private client matters, such as, wills, LPAs, trusts, deputyships and probate.
We are interested in hearing from candidates that have a number of years experience dealing with private client matters. We are looking for someone who combines solid technical expertise with the ability and determination to grow their caseload in both of our offices.
A Conveyancing Lawyer is required for the conveyancing team in our Braintree office. The ideal applicant will have a minimum of 3 years PQE*, strong background knowledge of all aspects of conveyancing and good interpersonal and presentation skills.
We often have a requirement for casual secretarial staff in all departments as well as Locum Solicitors. If you would like to be included on our casual staff register, please send a CV and details of your availability, including hours and days of the week, to the Practice Manager, Jacqui Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* PQE stated is for guidance only.
Strictly no Agencies